March 11, 2015, 5pm – 7pm, Orion Academy 1798 Queen City Ave.To support revitalization in South Fairmount, a majority of Lick Run Master Plan participants recommended converting Westwood (WW) and Queen City (QC) Avenues from one-way to two-way streets.
The project is expected to have safety and mobility benefits:
- Removes the s-curve, provide wider lanes and updates traffic signals on WW.
- Reduces through traffic on QC.
- Creates a shared-use path for walkers and bicyclists.
- Provides a direct path for through traffic to and from the Western Hills Viaduct.
- Connects to the future new I-75 interchange and the future new Western Hills Viaduct, which will also include a shared-use path for walkers and bicyclists.
The conversion will require that the widening of WW will be done on the south side of the street. The City will need to buy properties on WW for that purpose.
- Study and Design (On-going)
- Begin Right-of-Way appraisals (June, 2015)
- Right-of-Way Plans complete (December, 2015)
- Begin Right-of-Way Offers and Acquisitions (February, 2016)
- Right-of-Way Acquisitions Complete (March, 2018)
- Final Construction Plans Complete (April, 2018)
- Construction (October, 2018)